Monday, March 9, 2009

Texans season tickets...or not? - 1/25/2008

Other than obsessing about the house, I have been going back and forth about Texans season tickets for next season.  The team finally has gone 8-8, looks like the team could be pretty good next year and I am thinking of backing out of the season tickets?  Am I crazy?  Maybe but let me explain myself.  I am starting to get tired of getting up early and walking up the ramp and then driving all the way back home.  Especially now with my house even further out from the stadium.  I think I am more just burned out on it.  I will still support the team and buy a few individual tickets, but I am really leaning towards not going for the entire season. 

Funny as a couple of years ago I was pinching myself in disbelief I had season tickets to a NFL team.  Now, I am so used to it and it isn't as special as it once was.  Last year I went to a University of Houston game that had more fun than I had at a Texans game in years, plus it was alot cheaper.  The atmosphere was alot more friendly and more enthusiasm in the crowd.  For that reason, I am thinking of getting UH tickets instead.  I haven't made my final decision though.  But since my brother (who I had Texans tickets with in years prior) and a friend of mine who expressed wanting to get my brother's ticket in the past have decided to back out of the Texans tickets all together, the decision might be made for me.   

No comments: