Monday, March 9, 2009

1.5 weeks away...hopefully - 1/24/2008



This week alot of work was done on the house.  Countertops were installed, AC vents installs, AC unit installed, sinks put in, tile and backsplash put in as well.  That is alot of activity for one week and the week is not over.  But as I think about how long this process has been going on, I am getting a bit frustrated.  Maybe I am expecting to see the house worked on 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.  Not sure, but I know I am tired of waiting for them to finish.  I am not sure why the frustration hs just now hitting me.  But it definitely is. 

What is left to do?  Electric trim (switches, outlets, fixtures), mirrors, appliances, plumbing, carpet, vinyl, alarm work, sod, front door.  That is about 5 or 6 days work, which would have the house finished by the end of next week.  That is if all the work gets done when it is supposed to be done.  This week everything, except for the electric work, was done when it was scheduled.  So hopefully the electric work is done this week, then leaving less to do next week.  We will see. 

I just know that the anticipation is killing me.  I have never looked forward to washing clothes this much in my life.  It goes back to my old entry about paying for all kinds of stuff.  I bought a fridge a couple of weeks ago, I have plans on buying my couches, besk for the office, surround sound, kitchen crap, etc. but that little detail about the house not being built is standing in the way. 

The good news is that all those choices I made at the design center months and months ago are turning into a very nice looking home.  I guess some Burnout: Paradise City will have to take my mind off the house. 

No comments: