Monday, March 9, 2009

I am a Homeowner!!! - 2/15/2008

I know I haven't written much about the house lately.  I started to get extremely frustrated with how long things were taking.  I felt like I didn't see the sense of urgency that I should have seen from my salesman and my construction manager.  So I made a deadline, dictating when the house needed to be finished or I was backing out.  Well, that worked because I had never seen that many crews in my house at the same time.  I also told my lender they needed to get busy as well.  They did it.  To explain how quickly things came together, on Monday I didn't have one appliance in the house, no access to my attic, no island, 3 holes in my walls, the bedroom was wired incorrectly, part of my fence was broken, no mirrors in the bathrooms, no shower door, no kitchen faucets, no water filtration, a hole in the wall in the garage, and no grass laid out front.  While all that seems like small jobs, the issue has been getting people out to the house and materials.  Well after a few well-placed e-mails to regional managers, magically things came together. 

Because it came down to me threatening to back out of the deal to get it finished makes it kind of bittersweet.  But I am happy it is done finally.  Now since this kind of happened fast and I didn't think they would have it done, I am so far behind in getting phone service, cable, internet, etc.  I also needed to get furniture, blinds, appliances, etc. in the house.  I have gotten most of it taken care of.  Though I do need to get a desk and garage door opener.  I will be pretty much set then.  I am happy with the house, I am seeing a few spots where the paint needs touching up and my garage windows need cleaning (there is paint all over the outside of them), but I am pleased with the home so far. 

Pictures of the house will be upcoming.  I don't have internet access there and I haven't gotten home with enough light to take pics of the outside yet.  But soon you will see the house with appliances, TV stand, coffee table, office desk and etc. 

No comments: