Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heat and Is It the Shoes?

Summer in Houston is hot. I know this is a news flash to you. But this Summer has been incredibly hot. We have had the least amount of rain for a 60-day period in the history of the city. That means it is historically hot and dry here. It feels it too. Temperatures of 103+ are the norm lately.

My neighborhood has started mandatory water rationing. The only problem is they haven't told anyone exactly what the means. They have put up signs, but no real explanation what it means. So people have been watering their browning grass as normal. Hopefully not too much watering as we had a severe pressure problem a couple of weeks ago. The water slowed to a small stream of liquid coming out the faucet.

Historically August is the hottest month around here. No telling what the month will bring. Hopefully it won't bring another hurricane. There are businesses just recovering from the storm now, so getting hit by another storm is the last thing this region needs.

EASports Active update. I have had to stop using it for a couple of weeks. No I haven't given up, I was forced to stop. No, really. I was working out with some regular tennis. I did start to notice my left ankle and both knees were in pain almost constantly. I did a little research online and this was a common complaint from people. Seemed that the common thread tying everyone together was the lack of proper shoes. So I ended up going to the local Academy and spending over an hour to get crosstraining shoes. I will be honest, I never thought fancy shoes made a difference. But immediately I felt the difference, even when walking.

What happened to us? Back in the day, you just bought tennis shoes and did your thing. Now we need Runners, Cross Trainers, Walkers, Weight Lifting, Casual, etc. shoes? Are our feet now more sensitive or something? I am not sure, but the truth is that the shoes do make a difference. I am getting back on the EASports Active train within a few days. I actually miss it.

No comments: